Friday, July 12, 2013

Question To Ask Current Franchisees

How much does your franchise gross per year? How much does it net? Are the procedures followed to make royalty payments to the franchisee burdensome?
[No answer.]

Are the financial projections of revenues, expenses, and profits that the franchisor provided me accurate in your judgment?

Yes.

Does the franchisor give you enough assistance in operating your business?

The franchisor will assists franchisee to establish local supplies channel. Beside that, we have a series of training programs such as Basic Franchising Course. Franchises also offer important pre-opening support such as site selection, design and construction, financing(in some cases), training and grand opening program.

How many hours, on average, do you work a week?

I'm not sure. Sometimes a once a week come to check and sure they working well.

How often do you get a vacation?

I'm not sure.

Have you been caught off-guard by any unexpected cost or expectations?

No, not really.

Does your franchisor provide ongoing training and support to you?

Yes, they provide job training for the new staffs and for us. The initial training fee includes 6 weeks training & accommodation for a maximum of 15 staffs. Additional Management staff is chargeable at RM2000 per person and Service staff at RM1500 per person.

If you had to do it all over again, would you purchase a franchise in this system? Why or why not?

Yes. It is a good experience for me to run this restaurant and I learnt a lot. I personally like to drink coffee and OLDTOWN White Coffee is the place to slowly sip a cup of coffee while enjoying the ambience.

Yourself

Are you qualified to operate a franchise successfully? Do you have adequate drive, skills, experience, education, patience, and financial capacity? Are you prepared to work hard?
I think I'm not qualified to operate a franchise successfully because I have not enough knowledge and experience about operating a business like franchise.

Are you willing to sacrifice some autonomy in operating a business to own a franchise?

I think I wouldn't sacrifice.

Can you tolerate the financial risk? Would business failure wipe you out financially?

Sure. If I can't handle it anymore, I can sell it to other buyers. This franchise is not my only work so if it fails I still have my other job.

Can you juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize various projects so that you can accomplish those that are most important?

I think I am able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously. For my opinion, the best way to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is to prioritize all the projects so I can finish those that are most important. By having a well planning, I believe I can done it on time.

Are you genuinely interested in the product or service you will be selling? Do you enjoy this kind of business? Do you like to sell?

I am not interested with being an OLDTOWN franchisee. I won't consider involving in this business. If I really wan to begin a business, I wish to open a 3D modeling and animation company as compare to OLDOTOWN which doing F&B business.

Do you enjoy working with and managing people? Are you a "team player"?

I'm not very enjoy about it, this is because I am not interested in doing a business. We need to arrange and do well planning when involve in business field, I can't managing too much works as we need to do during business. I am a "team player". I able to working well in a team with well team cooperation.

Will the business generate enough profit to suit you?

Yes. It is a business and it not like you working for others and get a fixed amount salary every months. To start a business or operate a franchise, there will be have risk. A lot opportunity to gain double, triple times income or even more than that is because of this risk.

Has the franchiser investigated your background thoroughly enough to decide if you are qualified to operate the franchise?

Yes. This is a safe protection.

What can this franchiser do for you that you cannot do for yourself?

They gave us a "shop name" that already have it popularity and under already registered under license, Beside that, we can’t add in new dishes into the menu and prices can’t be changed. This few things will be fixed by franchiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment